Re: Universal Link Library

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Universal Link Library

Octavio Carrasco wrote:

> Well, I dont think it would be as great as it sound, cause for example
> do you think that someone with a TI-92 will wanna play or use a program
> for a 82,85, etc. The program, might not use all the
> capabilities of both calcs, and that would be a waste of potential.

  A standard library creates consistency between calculators that would
be otherwise completely incompatible.  Many people become frustrated
when the hottest program or game is made for a calculator they do not
own.  Through the use of a universal link library, a programmer can
write a program once and be sure that the program will perform exactly
the same way on _any_ calculator.  The "waste in potential" lies more in
the extra time spent rewriting the same game to work with every
calculator out there.  Please think about it next time you hear rave
reviews about a game you cannot put on your calculator.

-Tavis

Follow-Ups: References: