Re: Universal Link Library

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Universal Link Library

>amount of lines: 2, red and white. statii: 00, 01, 10, 11.
>voltage for an 'on' line: +5V (i might have this one confused with a
>chip I was experimenting with. anyway, the same for all).
Well, yes and no. one wire(red I think) sends data, while the other
sends a strobe. If a one-wire protocol was developed(using low level
hardware calls) data could be sent two ways, or could be sent twice as
fast. Also,  some sort of error checking and fixing could be
implemented.
>You could, I suppose, write a protocol for a certain type of game.
>Say, pacman. However, if pacman version don't have the same levels
>it's a bit hard.
Right. Plus if other features were needed, the protocol would stop being
standard.
>A standard protocol won't help any.
Of course it would. And not just for game data: Imagine being able to
transfer equations, variables, matrices, formulae, etc. between ti8xs
and ti92s.