Re: Universal Programming Language(does what JAVA did)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 01:34 PM 9/24/97 GMT, Unigamer2 wrote:
>Is it possible, that a Universal Language could be developed that could be
>used for all calcs? Alright, heres how it would go...
>
>1. Make a Universal Language, that would run on all calcs with a
>Translator program,
>
>2. Make a Translator for every calc model in that models own language,
>
>3. Make programs with the Universal Language, put them on the calc U want
>to run them on, and run them with the Translator.
>
>This would be VERY useful, because it would eliminate forever the problem
>of porting code for EVERY calc, and all programs would run everywhere!
>
>PLEASE post your replies, but CC them to me too!
>The Unigamer

Basically, you just asked for HAL with a HAL-like compiler on the calc =P

|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
|           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Off My Face"  |
|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |