Re: Help needed with csolve function on the 92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help needed with csolve function on the 92

> Alexis wrote:
> >
> > Hello !
> >
> > Yesterday I had to solve the following equation :
> > (-3+i)x2+(5i-1)x+2=0
> > I tried it with the csolve fucntion and all I got was an approximation. I
> > thus tried to use the well known quadratic formula within a function
> > (-b+/-sqr(b2-4ac)/2a) and I got the exact answer. How is that possible ?
> > Doesn't the 92 use this formula to solve that kind of equation ?

I tried this on my 92 (v1.7) and it worked ok, i. e. gave me the
exact answer.  Maybe you didn't use 2nd i for the complex i
in your constants.
HTH
| Glenn E. Fisher -retired    Internet: Fisher@uh.edu        |
| Central Computing Services  http://www.uh.edu/~fisher      |
| University of Houston       Houston, Texas                 |
| My home address:      22402 Diane Dr., Spring, Texas 77373 |