Re: Reply..

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Reply..

At 10:16 PM 9/21/97 GMT, Lehrin Morey wrote:
>If you want to play 86 games on an 86, you don't need ZShell. If you
>want to play 85 games on an 86, visit www.ticalc.org for the program.
>-Lehrin

Ok, lemme just be a little bit more descriptive on this, cause ppl are
going to get confused with an answer like that =P.

A) You can play 85 BASIC games on the 86, and ONLY 85 basic games....
    1. Basic was intended to be this way (though the reverse DOESNT quite
seem to work....)
    2. Different chips, different roms, different controls.  ASM is
COMPLETEYLY different, there is no way to run 85 ASM programs on an 86
without MAJOR rewrites (even though Randy Gluvna wrote a converter, there
is still ALOT of work needed).

B) Plain and simple, you dont need ZShell, and cant have it either =P.
       1. It wasnt intended for the 86 (back to #2 above)
       2. Even if there wasnt built in ASM, there would still have to be a
shell OTHER than ZShell to work of whatever loophole hackers can find.

(NOTE: you might want to take a look at my FAQ)

|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
|           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Off My Face"  |
|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |