Re: How does Zshell work

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: How does Zshell work

Reinier Zwitserloot wrote:

> >zshell games will not work on 86 because TI86 DOES NOT NEED A SHELL.. a
> >shell only makes it be able to run ASM..   ti86 has BUILT *IN* ASM.. so
> >it does not need a shell!!!.  and why make a zshell for 86 if it's
> >already built in?? btw.. sorry if i sound MAD because this question has
> >been asked 10+ times on the mailing list.. and is answered 50+ times on
> >the mailing lists, and www pages.
>
> Well, writing these kinds of posts generates those questions. You make
> it sound as if the only reason there is no 'zshelly' thing for the 86
> is because there is no reason to. However, people *WANT* to run zshell
> on the 86 because a lot of 85 zshell software isn't out yet on the 86.
> However, it is NOT POSSIBLE without some rewriting and, more
> importantly, recompiling. The author must have an 86 to test it with
> and be willing to do some modifying. That is, the programs, not
> zshell.

But my question it, WHY can't a zshell progran be written for the 86?
What is so fundemently different that it would not be possible to write
a program
that could run the zshell programs with little or no modification on the
86?
Please don't just tell me it is impossible, but tell me WHY.
--
This message brought to you by Colin Davis, His ISP, and the letter 'C'

Follow-Ups: References: