Re: Say no to internet SPAM and unwelcome intrusions!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Say no to internet SPAM and unwelcome intrusions!

Ladies and Gentlemen, before you continue to innundate the rest of us
with your comments and "would someone please tell me how I got on this
list ?" questions allow me to answer them.

1. you got on this list because you most likely posted to a USENET
newsgroup or otherwise have your email address available in
cyberspace. Web pages are a great source of email collecting
programs. None of us did it, we are victims too. PLEASE don't compound
the problem by sending queries to the whole list.

2. replying to the list just annoys the rest of us.

3. Send complaints to the postmaster@domain if you have objections to
receiving unsolicited email. Check the headers and the path to find
the true origin. I use a response like:

Do NOT send unsolicited email in order to advertise a product or
service. This is a blatant abuse of the internet and is not
appreciated. If I am interested in a product or service I will ask for
information. Sending me unsolicited email only guarantees that I will
have nothing to do with your company.

As per my .signature you are being billed a US$500 advertising
fee. You have 21 days to make payment before your bill is submitted to
a collection agency for payment. A collection agency and law office
have been put on retainer for this specific purpose and we (the State
of Florida and the National Science Foundation who fund the computer
systems you have advertised on) do not hesitate in processing claims
to the full extent of the law. Please comply and save us all the legal
battle. Payment may be sent to:

 Jeff Pfohl
 my address

Your offending email is being returned to you:

The email they sent me.

--

                                JEFF PFOHL
                                E-MAIL: PFOHL@NUCALF.PHYSICS.FSU.EDU

"I will shoulder more than my share of the task, whatever it may be.
100% and then some!"

Follow-Ups: References: