Re: The Home Made Links Suck

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The Home Made Links Suck

On Sun, Sep 14, 1997 at 10:45:59PM +0000, Mslice wrote:
> I made 5 links and I spent 20 bucks.  My first link didn't work so I made
> another one and it didn't work.  Then I made a parrelel and it didn't work
> and then again I made a parrellel.  At the end I made a serial and all
> other the darn links didn't work.  This sucks.  With the time and money I
> spent I should of just bought a ti graph link.

You want me to tell you what I think? Alright, here goes. Hope you aren't
too sensitive. I'm not ususally this much of a jerk.

Maybe YOU made a mistake. Maybe you don't know anything about soldering.
Maybe you should have practiced a bit. Maybe it's your computer? Maybe your
diodes are bad. Who knows? It's certainly not the actual design of the link,
because I have built about 200 of the !@# things, and they have ALL worked.
ALL of them. I am not kidding.

> If you think of making your own link don't.  I got 3 1st degree burns from
> the soldering iron and I almost burned off my nail because some melted
> solder got on my nail.  I am now typing without my index finger for a few
> days.  At staples the link cost 34 bucks.  that means you pay 14 bucks more
> for the labor and you don;t have to go through someone else or make it
> yourself.  Also you know it works and that it will always have software
> that is good and working not like other software that kinda sucks.

Try learning how to use a dang soldering iron! It's not that hard, hold it
like a pencil, and don't get it close to your dang finger. Ten minutes of
practice on some wire goes a long way. The parallel links cost me $3 and 15
minutes to make. Of course, I've had some practice. Plan on spending $10 and
1 hour if you are a first-timer buying from Radio Shack.

> I don't know if it's me or the cables but at the end I have a messed up
> room.

Um, of course it's you. How can a little cable mess up your !#$$ room?

> if you look at my serial link it looks like a damn tree with crap sticking
> all over the place.

LOL.

That's clearly your fault too, sloppy building, no patience.

> At the end I can only say that Home made links Suck ------  Ti graph link
> good

You suck. :) TI Graph links are slower, more expensive, bigger, they don't
have near as much software support, etc.

> Tell me what you think   :)

Well, I'm done. Please think a bit before you post. Oh, I noticed that you
sent a large picture to the list. I'll be flaming that too.

--
-Tim