Re: TI85 ROM Image

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI85 ROM Image

First, you can't update your ROM.  Second, the ROM is copyrighted code from
TI that they sold to you in addition to the hardware of the calculator.
It's the same as saying "this program came with my computer, so I can give
it out for free, because it was free."  That's incorrect thinking.

At 07:48 PM 9/13/97 -0500, kjhiuh@HGF.LKJ wrote:
>Woah, you can transfer them to the ti-85 itself?  What's so illegal about
>it if you own a ti-85, and just want to update it?
>
>In article <01bcc071$73d975c0$8878d4cd@default>, "Sherwood Coleman"
><wood1@bright.net> wrote:
>
>> cancel that request
>>
>> Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ISD.INGHAM.K12.MI.US> wrote in article
>> <3414CB02.10761043@isd.ingham.k12.mi.us>...

>> does
>> >
>> >It is illegal to send/recieve TI ROM images over the internet.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Bryan Rabeler
>> > brabeler@ticalc.org
>> > ICQ UIN # 1229209
>> > WWW Pager - http://wwp.mirabilis.com/1229209
>> > --------------------------------------------
>> > The Fargo Archive - http://fargo.ml.org
>> > the ticalc.org project - http://www.ticalc.org
>> >

>  -- [_brain_]

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@writeme.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...