Re: TI-85 Probs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-85 Probs

Trent Krummel wrote:

> I have two questions for all you TI-85 wizards...first how would I
> graph a horizontal line?..Is thier a way to make the markers when
> graphing with SCAT bigger than a single pixel?
ok, I'm new to the group but not to the ti, so pardon me if my answer is
inadequate. As to how to graph a horizontal line on the ti, you can't.
the ti graphs functions. A horizontal line is not a function, the best
you can do is have something with a vertical aysmptote. I know that's
not really any consolation, but i believe it to be the truth. If you
want to graph anything else that isn't a function, you must put it into
function form ( f(x) ) and then make a pos. f(x) and a neg. f(x) in
cases like hyperbola's, and ellipses. There are programs that will do it
for you.

Follow-Ups: References: