Re: What chip!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What chip!

On Wed, Sep 10, 1997 6:10 AM, Per Hjeltman <mailto:leahjn96@STUDENT.UMU.SE>
wrote:
> What I'd want is Motorola to put their G3 chip into a calc. It's a 266
MHz
> chip that consumes 4W and eats any Intel chip for breakfast. Look at any
> SPEC benchmark.

It will also eat your batteries for breakfast. If TI was to use it, they'd
have to take out the alkaline batteries and replace them with expensive &
flammable lithium ion batteries. Even then, the batteries probably wouldn't
last long.

Besides that, why would you want a G3 chip in a handheld calculator? 6
MHz/about a million or so instructions per second may not seem like much,
but it's more than adequate for most simple & complex math functions.

Nick Zitzmann                             No WWW page at this time.
(Resident Macintosh Tweaker)
                                          Windows 95:
                                          From the people who brought you
                                            EDLIN!