Re: Something a little bit more feasable.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Something a little bit more feasable.

The idea of an expander is nothing at all like disk compression, it's like
adding a hard drive.  The expander does not compress things in any way.

At 03:12 PM 9/10/97 -0400, aurora guy wrote:
>On Tue, 9 Sep 1997 20:04:42 -0600 ilya winham <ilyamojo@geocities.com>
>writes:
>>Instead of trying to construct a memory expander/extender gadget which
>>is very complicated and pricey, I have a better idea for more memory.
>>Why doesn't someone try to make a samll little box type device that
>>can
>>hold 1 backup file. So you send a backup to this little box which
>>plugs
>>into your link port and if something happens to your memory you can
>>plug
>>in the box and send the backup to your calc. This idea seems to be
>>easier to construct than a whole memory expansion thing. Just my $0.02
>

>The whole idea of a memory expander is similar to the idea of a disk
>compression program.  We want something that will let us store more info
>on our calcs.  Provide more memory.
>

>Eric Klos <aurora-guy@juno.com>  Reside in Harrison Twp.  MI
>Ho slots, prefer Aurora
>MAGIC:TG Looking for places to play in Harrison Twp.
>WANTED:R/C ClodBuster or Bullhead any condition

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@writeme.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...

Follow-Ups: References: