Need help on Derivative program...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Need help on Derivative program...

I am working on a program that would input the user for f(x) and it would
give the derivative.

The only way I can think of is using, STAT features, by using random points
and using the degree of the function to predict whether the derivative would
be linear, quadratic, etc..  From there, it would use STAT by using the
appropriate type of function, (linear, quad, etc...) and using random points
on the derivative (about 10) to find the line of best fit.  Then, if the
corellation is 1, or -1 then it came up with the correct
you some where?  Ooops, I am not a good writer!

Does anyone know a simper method?  Is there any other mathematical way to
find the derivative of a finding the derivative on the TI-86?

Thanks,

Mohsan...