Re: solving matricies of a TI-82 I need help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: solving matricies of a TI-82 I need help

he probably means do an rref reduction.  I think just hit matrix key,
then there's an rref that will automaticaly do gaussian (sp?) reduction.

you get:

[ 1  3  5]
[2   0  1]

meaning 1x + 3y =5 and 2y=1, then do substitution. because you don't have
square matrix, it won't work out perfect.  you'll either endup with rows
of zeros (discard those) or have to use one or mrameters.  Guass just
makes it simpler to look at.

*if* that's what you meant :-)

Jesse1s@hotmail.com