Re: Assembly Math programs (was TI-82 programmer at your service.)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997 00:09:36 GMT Matt Maurano <mtm@maurano.com> writes:
>A problem with ASM math programs, is that we can not currently use
>functions like sqare root and so on. I could probably find the rom
>adress myself and do a call, but I'm too lazy. Because we'd have to
>reinvent the wheel, ti basic programs are better for math for three
>reasons:
>
>1. Use built in funcs
>2. Math stuff normally doesn't need too much speed
>3. You can edit a basic program in the middle of class, during a test.
>No can do with asm.

Thanks man.  I knew there were good reasons why Basic was better than ASM
for math stuff.  Plus, I read on the list many people were saying that
ASM is better than Basic.  If nothing else, reason #3 wins hands down
every time, unless you are like me and have a laptop with you at all
times.  Although, I can't use it on a test.  So that kinds blows that
idea too.

Eric E. Klos,  aurora-guy@juno.com  Mt. Clemens MI
previously bike17@juno.com, please resend any messages to that address.
to my new address, aurora-guy@juno.com.  Thank you.