Re: Bug in all 85 and 86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bug in all 85 and 86

At 06:24 PM 9/1/97 GMT, Reinier Zwitserloot wrote:
>On Sun, 31 Aug 1997 14:05:29 -0400, aurora guy <aurora-guy@JUNO.COM>
>wrote:
>

>>I've got a better idea TI-how about releasing calcs with replaceable
>>ROMS, so when we get a calc with a buggy rom, we won't get screwed so
>>much by having to shell out another $100 to replace the calc.  Right now
>>we are basically un-compensated beta testers.  If there is a bug in the
>>rom, we either have to live with it, or shell out cash for a new calc.
>>Even then it still might not be fixed.
>
>Another examle of mister klos flaming around when he is simply wrong.
>How often are you going to ignore the advice 'flame only what you a re
>familiar with?'.

Replacable ROM's isn't an all to far-fetched idea.  To burn them in such
massive amounts for the many TI users wouldn't be all together cheap,
however it would undoubtedly not cost much.  Perhaps it should be suggested
to TI.

(For those of you who'd say "Yeah, but who would buy it?", I'd have to say
most of the 400-something people on this list, as well as a few hundred not
on it.)

|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
|           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Off My Face"  |
|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |