Re: TI-82 programmer at your service.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-82 programmer at your service.

<< >P.S. if you wanna know why the matrices 'look' like lists just ask

 Thanks for clearing that up, sorta.  I still don't know squat about
 programming ASM, and limited in knowledge in Basic, so I only partly
 understood what you said.  But I am learning, slowly, but learning.  And
 yes, I would like to know why the matrices look like lists.

 -calc82
 c82@juno.com

ok, I'll explain.
The TI-82 uses VAT tokens to identify what variable type a variable is.  one
token is actually not a token, but the variable type identifyer.  this is
like list = $01, equation (Y-VAR) = $03, normal prog = $05, protected = $06,
etc.  for a matrix I believe it is $02.  In the VAT it is the first (actually
last, but it is read first) part of the var name.
the other tokens are not only used in the VAT, but in a program that uses
those vars too.
for a matrix the token is $5C, so [A] is 5C 00, [B] is 5C 01, [C] = 5C 02,
etc.  now what happens if you go past 5C 04 ([E])???  There is no symbol on
the calc, so it somehow uses another name for it.
ASH uses matrices 6 and 7, so they are somehow named L1 and L2
for a better explaination see Doug Torrances columns on hacking the 82 at
either the TI-Files or http://profzoom.home.ml.org (for the Files, it is in
Columns, BASIC section), or also see 82-VARS.txt at the ash homepage

Hope this helps,

~Adamman