Re: TI-86 programs....can someone help me??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

aduque@wpi.edu wrote:

> Hey-
>
>         I remember seeing a lockout program for the 85's ZShell.  It wouls
run
> when the calc turned on, and turn off the calc if the password was
> incorrect.  Is there a prog like that for the 86?
>
>         Oh, and a ? on the shell programs.  What, do you think and why, is
the
> better of the shells floating around?  I'm using AShell...it allows both
> binary and assembler games/progs to be run...
>
> Thanks
>
> -Art

God... I downloaded Aurora86 on my 86... I typed 123 as my password, and
I couldn't re-enter my calculator (required the password just get on, I
tried it numerous, and the APD thing just kicked in. I took out all four
of my AAA's. Put them back in, and AURORA WAS STILL THERE!!! AHHHHH...
Then I took out my backup battery, and all was clean and empty again. If
you're looking for a "semi win95" kinda thing with icons, and a LOCKOUT
feature... heck, go for it. IMHO, I'll stick to the TI OS. Clean,
simple, efficient, AND IT DOESN'T WASTE SPACE!!! :) I used to have CE86
(till my calc crashed from loading ASHELL, which I entered in all the 2+
kb of CE86 BASIC code...) was a neat learning experience. But now that I
realize it, I might just make a very simple program that just detects
ASM programs and does the ASM( command automatically (either that my
custom menu works fairly nice).

Follow-Ups: References: