85 and 86 computer linking capability?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

85 and 86 computer linking capability?

I was wondering if, since the 86 and 85 are basically the same
calculator (in terms of underlying structure, and yes, the 86 does have
more memory, etc), that their computer links would work with each
other?   For example, could my homemade 85 parallel link work with an
86?  Could I then just use link85xp to send 86 data if i rename *.86p to
*.85g, etc.?  I noticed that on ticalc.org the only 86 linking program
only supported the TI link, and if I can't link an 86 to the computer
via the parallel link this may change my decision to buy one.  Anyone
know about this?