Re: I wonder......

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: I wonder......

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997 23:22:17 +0100, smit8111@tao.sou.edu (Justin
Smith) wrote:

>   If is is possible to make a chess game that plays against you for the
>calculator...
>
>Has anybody tried???

I've started many months ago to port a chess program to the TI-92, but
the source was looong, and I stopped.

Something that's very possible is to port a chess program for the MSX
emulator to and TI-8x calc, since the MSX uses a Z80 processor.
I've got such a chess program. The cartridge size is 32k, although
most likely not the whole memory is used, and quite a lot could
probably be cut out.

The chess program isn't very good though. If you're a serious chess
player, you'll beat it easily. But it's still a project I could work
on.

Jimmy Merdell <mja@algonet.se>
http://www.algonet.se/~mja
IRC: Yarin