Re: Link: TI83 vs. TI85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Link: TI83 vs. TI85

> I have a parallel link that I built by splicing my TI-83's
> calc-to-calc link. It works fine for transferring files from my
> computer to the TI-83, but it does not work when transferring
> files from the computer to the TI-85. No, I am not trying to
> download *.83* files. I am downloading the regular *.85s Z-Shell
> programs.
>
> My question was this: Do the TI85 and the TI83 calculator links
> differ physically? If so, that would explain my problem, because
> the TI83 link cable would not be making a good connection with
> the TI85. If they cables are interchangable, however, my problem
> is somewhere else.
>
> So, once again, do the TI85 and the TI83 calculator to calculator
> link cables differ physically?

The calculator-to-calculator links are identical to each other.  You
could use your TI-83 link to connect two, say, TI-85's together.  You
just can't connect different calcs (except through ASM -- take Ztetris8X
for example.)
I think the problem lies in the TI-85 linking program you use on your
computer.  The TI-85 linking program may be designed for a different
homemade link cable and not the one you use for your TI-83.  You could
try out other programs and test for compatibility, or find the program
from the same place you found the plans for your cable.

-Tavis

Follow-Ups: References: