Re: rubber strips on 92 case

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: rubber strips on 92 case

The glue that they use will stick to everything except the case, it seems. I
ended up having the same thing happen to me (with black rubbery gunk oozing
all over...), so I pulled both rubber tabs off, ran them through hot water
and then through another solvent (don't remember what it was now) to clean
off the last of the glue, and then rebedded them with Borden Stix-All, a
silicone-based adhesive, which holds great - for a while. I'm now using
superglue which seems to work fine.

-=Martin