Re: People are too dependant on calculators

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: People are too dependant on calculators

A calc. can be used or abused. I don't think it's a good idea to solely
rely on a calculator to get you through your calculus class, but I think
it makes sense to use it to do menial problems that require more algebra
than complex thought.  If you understand the process of how the calc is
getting it's answer, i don't see anything wrong with using it.

Scott: Hi.
Bruce: Hi. Uh, Scott and I would just like to say hello to our Grade 11 Math
       teachers.
Scott: Hello Mr. Anderchuck.
Bruce: Hello Mr. Elsner.
Scott: Uh, sorry that I never tried.
Bruce: Yeah, we'd just like to apologize for never really trying or caring
       about math or seeing that it could help our, our real life in anyway. .
.
Scott: . . .shape or form. And, for also always being high.   -KITH