Re: running calc on AC adaptor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: running calc on AC adaptor

>I'm not so brilliant in the field of electronics and the such, but
couldn't you
> take a 6 volt AC -> DC adaptor (mouser catalog #412-6200 for example)
plug it
> into an outlet and run your calc on it, if so that would save on
battery life
> while you're at home.  Anyways thanks for your thoughts.
>
>-Dan
Before you even think about connecting an adapter to your calc, one word
of advice: don't connect the adapter to the link port. This would most
likely result in an erased memory at best, a fried calc at worst.
However, I'm sure it would be possible to replace the batteries by
running one adapter wire to a battery lead and the other to the other.
The only problem with this is that you would have to manually connect
each wire and remove the batteries every time you wanted to switch to
AC. If you had enough expertise, you could put a SPDT switch on the side
of the case to switch from battery power to AC power. You might even
also put a jack for the adapter on the calc. Any ideas on this?