Re: .86S files & problem with graphics

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: .86S files & problem with graphics

At 06:09 PM 10/21/97 +0200, Bengt Lindberg wrote:
>I bought myself a TI-86 for about 2 weeks ago and now I got myself a
>linkcable.
>I downloaded many games and tried getting them to work with my TI-86.
>But some, for example Dr. Mario, didn't want to run when I tried to start
>them
>because they were .86S files (strings). Well I didn't find them in the
>program menu
>either but I tried starting them as a assemblerprogram using asm(program
>which
>didnt start it either. How do I get it to work?

You use programs for the 86 instead of for the 85 =P.  What you downloaded
were 85s's, NOT 86s's.  AND 86 asm programs are 86P and NOT 86S.  Please go
to:

http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/

and read the FAQ under the software section.

>I have also installed Aurora and a few games and using Aurora and the games
>works
>perfectly, but then when I wanted to use my calculator to make graphs with
>it only
>gave me error code 20 GRAPH WINDOW  ... so I read the 86 manual and it said
>either
>I set xMax<xMin or I set the window variables too small or too large for the
>graph, as if
>I tried to zoom out more than what is defined in the calculator.
>Unhappily I don't understand anything of that, but I tried changing the
>values for xMin
>and xMax but got error everytime. Does anyone know how to correct this
>problem or
>do I have no other choice but to reset my calculator and start all over?

Hit 2nd, mode.  What does it say?

|  Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com  |
|          IRC: CuCullin, RmMinusRf            |
|  http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/  |
|       /server irc.pagannet.org 10000         |