Re: HELP!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HELP!

Chad R Schaeffer wrote:

> :If "NAM"=="BLAH"

this is your problem. Look at it carefully. If the string "NAM" equals
the string "BLAH" then... NAM will never equal BLAH, since it always
equals NAM. Instead, try doing the following:

Input N
If N="BLAH"

This should get you the response you want.
> :Then
> :Disp "You got it"
> :Else
> :Disp "FOOL"
> :End
>
> But it skips the then statement and always goes to the else. and how
> would I insert another if-then-else statement for another name? (Note I'm
> having the same problem with a yes or no question)

For another name, just add another if-then-else statement inside of your
else statement

> :Then
> :Disp "You got it"
> :Else
If N="BOB"      {Add these 4}
Then
Disp "Bob"
Else
> :Disp "FOOL"
> :End

A Yes/No Question would be if X="YES" (or X=1 or X="Y") then ... else
| Ryan "Grommit" Avery    grommit@concentric.net |
|  "What Leo wants, Leo gets...Ok ok ok ok..."   |
|  "Shoot for Vectorscan...great shot...offense  |
|   released!"                                   |