Re: Parallel link; help!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Parallel link; help!

S. Lee wrote:

> I'm trying to build a parallel link for my TI-86. I've read numerous web
> pages on the subject, and I think I know pretty much what to do. But
> there's a big problem. I can't find any of the parts. I found 2 diodes
> of type 1N4148 at Mouser Electronic's page(catalog #333-1N4148) that I
> think are the right diodes(?). I've been looking for a 25pin type D
> connector, a 3-core cable, and a 2.5mm stereo jack but being a newcomer
> in electronics I have no idea where to look, except Mouser electronics
> which doesn't seem to have any of them. Can someone please help me find
> the parts, and tell me if I got the right diodes? I can't afford to ruin
> my calculator or my calc-to-calc cable so only a 2.5 mm jack will do.
> Thanks.
Yes... those are the right diodes...

You need a D-Type Subminiature Connector Hood and a D-Subminiature
Solder-type connector.

I assume you went to:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7157/ti85_parinfo.htm

regarding building the parallel port cable? If not, head over.

I went to Radio Shack, (which is what we have on the west coast), and
they don't carry a 2.5 mm stereo jack with 3 different metal points on
the jack. only the TI-to-TI cable will do. The only other alternative is
to use a jack, (which is mentioned on the web page).

Hope this helps,

-(: Modem Boy :)-

Follow-Ups: References: