Re: A C H A L L E N G E

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A C H A L L E N G E

At 06:23 PM 10/9/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello, TI people.
>
>I offer a challenge to whoever can prove to me that the TI line of
>calculators is more superior than the HP's...  By the way, I own a TI-85
>and an HP-48GX (my brother has an 86), and, I know which one is MUCH
>more superior.  And it's not the black thing...
>
>Go ahead, bash away.
>Eric Chu
>
>chu@griffin.ni.net

You are acting like an idiot, and you are trolling. If you don't know what
that means, a troller posts moronic messages just to get flames. Well,
it'll work, and I wouldn't be much surprised if some less-constrained
people mail bomb you. Are you really bored, or do you just have no life?

Trying to start an idiotic thread, HP vs TI, is really lame. The topic has
been beaten into the ground thousands of times, and the end result is the
same. People who like TIs stay liking their TIs, and people who like HPs
stay liking their HPs. It all depends on WHAT THE USER LIKES BETTER, not
which calculator is better. There is no such thing as 'better', only
different, to a degree, and it sure applies here. Which are better, analog
clocks or digital clocks? Well, digital clocks are easier for some people
to read, but others prefer analog for various reasons. So, there's no
'better' clock.

Now, if you can understand this simple bit of information, it's the same
with calculators. Some people like the HPs interface, but others like TI's
easier interface. Some people like to program 68k or z80 rather than
Saturn, because it's more documented, has more support, etc. Some people
like the TI-92's qwerty keyboard, some don't. Some people like HP's
pascal-like programming language, some people like TI-Basic.

Please read this carefully, and try to understand. You don't need to prove
yourself by starting a stupid thread. If you have such a problem feeling
good about yourself that you have to argue over senseless topics, please
see a counsler. They can help.

When I first glanced at your post, I thought that you were going to start a
programming challenge, ie, "Which calc can play chess faster", or something
REAL. I skimmed, got to the end of your post, and was surprised that I
couldn't find the challenge. I looked again, and saw that you didn't have a
challenge, just a stupid argument-starter. Sheesh.

BTW, I'm only Cc:ing this to the list because I know that there are many
others who like arguing about silly topics, and I would like them to read
this, and take it into consideration. Thank you.

-Tim
--
timg@means.net | http://www.cjnetworks.com/~coryb/timg/
Programmer, GH Technologies. Tybstar@IRC