Re: Serial Devices

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Serial Devices

>I've heard of many things these calculators are capable of doing. Is
>there some way to run a serial device on these??? Like a cable to
>connect to the calculator then to the serial device?
Indeed there is. It's called a graph-link. For modems, just connect the
graphlink to a "Null Modem Adapter" (available at radio shack or any
computer hardware store)and the adapter to the modem. Some serial
devices, most notably mice(darn) need power from the serial cable which
the calculator will not supply, so they don't work. I think it would be
possible to attach a battery pack to a modified null modem adapter to
power such devices; anybody have ideas on that?
Note that homemade serial and parallel cables WILL NOT WORK. you need a
real, store-bought graph-link.