Re: mac cable

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: mac cable

Antoine wrote:

>  I want make a cable to my macintosh and my ti85. I have a printcable and
> ti cable.
> The ti cable  have 3 wire: a red ,a white and a nude (ohne thread).
> the  print cable have 7 wire: a balck, a red, a orange, a brownn ,yellow,
> a blue and a nude (ohne thread).
> How can i can connect them.
> thanks an sorry for my english

Your english is alot better than many you find on these newsgroups!

You can't make a 'simple' link cable for the Mac, unless you use the serial
port, which is what TI did.  The red and white wires are bidirectional
(meaning that both ends must be able to pull them low) and the "nude" is a
ground.  There aren't enough bit-programmable lines on the Mac serial port
to implement the simple link cables you can find all over the TI calc web
sites and there is no equivalent of a parallel port on the Mac like on the
IBM-PC.  It's also much harder to write low-level software on the Mac - you
_must_ write a driver to have any kind of control over the hardware.

Doug Glazar

Follow-Ups: References: