Re: TI-86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-86

Stoops Ryan D wrote:

> I know this has been brought up before, but I didn't hear the answer and I
> was wondering if there is any way to convert a decimal to a radical eg.
> .86~~ would be equal to square root 3 /2.  thanks

Ryan,
I have an alg. that will do this.  Unfortunately it is on a
computer and not a calc.  It basically searches for solutions
of any quadratic polynomial like a*x^2+b*x+c=0.  In your case
a search for .86... returns the sqrt(3/4).
If your interested in the alg. then send me email.
HTH,
Glenn
| Glenn E. Fisher -retired    Internet: Fisher@uh.edu        |
| Central Computing Services  http://www.uh.edu/~fisher      |
| University of Houston       Houston, Texas                 |
| My home address:      22402 Diane Dr., Spring, Texas 77373 |