Re: Home Made Link Cable

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Home Made Link Cable

No. The graphlink has a little roudish device in the middle of the
cable that houses a PIC chip. this chip converts RS232 9.6bps 8/1 to
TI-8x protocol and back. Unless someone  writes software for it and
all, that won't be possible. Check out the plans for the expander uP
and the expander II/III to see waht I mean with an internal processor.
(PIC chip is one :-P). Though, it should theoritcally be possible to
write a 'driver'. Unfortunately the graph-link software is 16-bit and
due to winNT's refusal of it's communication techniques I have the
feeling the software directly communicates, which makes it rather hard
to write a driver.

Follow-Ups: References: