Re: TI vs. HP vs. Casio

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI vs. HP vs. Casio

On Thu, 2 Oct 1997 16:35:34 -0400, d d d <c82@JUNO.COM> wrote:

>Has anyone on this list used the TI, HP and/or Casio graphing calcs?  I
>would like to hear your comments.  Please send replies to me via private
>email, as the majority of people on this list do not want to hear such
>conversations.  Thank you.

I myself don't like HP's, but that's just because the reverse polish
confuses the hell out of me.. I will say that they are very capable
calculators. As far as Casio's.. Hahahaha.. I dunno, I just think
they're a pain. I don't like their menu system at startup.. It's like,
you couldn't just turn the thing on and hit 2+2. Plus, besides the
built-in standard deviation curve calculator, I don't think they have
a thing over TI's, I think the TI's are much more capable.

Unless you REALLY want the ability to have your graphs in three
different colors.. Woohoo!!! :)

Out of the three, I'd have to say I like TI's the best, for both
ease-of use and power. I have a ti-82 and just got a ti-86, just so
you know, and I'm always messing with my friend's 92...

Rolf