Re: TI Programmers: I'm BEGGING you to write a symbolic ma

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI Programmers: I'm BEGGING you to write a symbolic manipulation program . . .

On Wed, 01 Oct 1997 20:34:13 GMT, jeffreyd@voicenet.com (Richard)
wrote:

>Not really. To do a derivated all you need to do is read the equation
>into a tree, take the derivative of the tree working down(performing
>the chain rule alot!) and then simplify. The simplify is probably the
>hardest part. If I was better at asm and had more free time, I would
>probably try it myslef.
>
>Integrals on the other hand...

Derivate isn't very hard, but as you say, integrals is a bitch. And
simplifying won't get easy either. A very important thing you need
to think about before making a symbolc manipulation program
is HOW should an expression be stored? For example, how
would you store the expression

 5x+Sqrt(e^(5+x))/(3x^3-2x^2+3)+pi/4

The format of an expression is, I think, the first thing you should
consider when making a symbolc manipulation program. And
then create routines to manipulate with such an expression -
NOT easy at all.

Jimmy Merdell <mja@algonet.se>
http://www.algonet.se/~mja
IRC: Yarin