Re: TI-Link Cables

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-Link Cables

Kyle Leesman wrote:

> Can Someone please help me. I have a TI-82 and I'm trying to make a serial
> link cable. For some reason whenever I plug the cable into my calc it
> freezes up completely until I unplug it again, even if the cable is not
> plugged into the computer. The link light does turn on when I plug it into
> the computer. Would it be easier to make a parallel link? Please Help Me.
> Thanks
>
> kyle11@abelink.com
A common problem.
First you should exit windows. Windows tends to "hold" on the port
in case you were printing, using modem etc. Depending on port.
You must have a dos transfer program that "opens" the port.
Use cal.
The problem is something were the TI finds the link in use, but get
no response in the other end. Same thing happend with "speakers" on
the TIs