Re: Sun, rain killing a calc?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sun, rain killing a calc?

 I've had a TI-85 for about 4 years now.  I've dropped it (4 feet onto
concrete), stepped on it (accidentally), left it in my backpack in the rain,
left it in the sun, taken it apart, and done soooo much other crap to it.
The glue on the screen melted and it falls off now, and one of the lines of
pixels is bad, but it still works great.

I now us a TI-86 though. :)

>> In article <3470CB94.194C@dana.ucc.nau.edu>, Jim Smith
>> <jds29@dana.ucc.nau.edu> writes
>>
>> > I left mine in my truck in the sun for an
>> >hour and now it's all messed up.
>>
>>         Is this a general problem with TI calcs? I use my 83 outside all
>> the time, and sometimes in strong sunlight, the screen darkens and goes
>> stripey, although it continues to work OK, and recovers when it gets
>> into shade again.
>>
>>         I've wondered about it, but I didn't realise that Arizona-class
>> sunshine would kill a calc. Anybody else know about this?

Follow-Ups: References: