Re: Disassembling BASIC?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Disassembling BASIC?

> The 8xp file is tokenized BASIC, not machine language.  Each keyword (found
> in the catalog) is turned into a 1-byte token, not an ml op-code. If you use
> a diassembler on it you'll be assembling garbage.

And this saves memory?  Doesn't the 85/86 not do this?  I have noticed
the 82 seems to do this, and thus has very memory conserving programs.
I have noticed a program in 85 basic is several times larger than a
program that does the same thing in 82 basic.  This suggests that the 85
stores it's programs in plain text, and this dissembler should be
possible for the 85, at least.

Todd

Follow-Ups: References: