From:   Ryan Avery [SMTP:grommit@concentric.net]
Sent:   Saturday, November 15, 1997 4:13 PM
To:     CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject:        83 vs. 85/6 Parallel (part 2)

Well, since I'm the only one around here with a link (and I plan to keep
it that way...), everyone is giving me their calculators in order to get
programs off of the internet.

To sum it up: My Parallel link works perfectly with my 83, but it does
not work with the 85 or the 86

Details:
-I have tried using CAL, LinkTI, TI-Link, etc. They all seem to have the
same problem
-The problem seems to be in the calculator. The link tests out fine, and
the calculator displays all of the basic symptoms of using a link:
        -When you plug it in, the calc freezes for a second and then returns to
normal operations
        -When you tell it to transfer a file from the computer to the
calculator, the calculator seems like it is in a state of waiting. It
just seems like the calculator is waiting for something.

-On the computer, in CAL, the transfer light just stays on, as if IT is
waiting for something.
-When I tell the CAL to get a screen dump from the calculator, CAL acts
like it is waiting for something, and the calculator acts like it is in
a state of sending something (but isn't).

I hope someone followed this, and might know what I'm talking about.

BTW: Yes, I have all 6 pins on the parallel link connected to ground.
Also, these problems happen both when I'm trying to transfer to an 85
and an 86.

My friends are getting quite mad after I keep bringing their calculators
to them with no added programs...

--
| Ryan "Grommit" Avery    grommit@concentric.net |