Re: Grayscale pics screwing up 86?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Grayscale pics screwing up 86?

In article <63i3mo$c6a@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>, po_boxx_823@hotmail.com
wrote:

> Yesterday I got those scrolling 8 grayscale pics off ticalc.org.  Very
> impressive.

I think I can help.
> After I deleted them, strange things started to happen.  For instance,
> when I wanted to change my window variables, I would see long, usually
> hexadecimal values for xMin, xMax, etc. and then the "ERROR: WINDOW"
> message would pop up.  Resetting defaults got rid of this.  The
> strangest thing would have to have been the MATH menu being disabled.  I
> could not access it at all.  The other menus, if I had tried to access
> the MATH menu first, would have a totally black line above them where
> the M1, M2, etc menus would be.  Making a selection from the menus while
> this black strip was above them would cause the calculator lock up and a
> big black screen appears.  Removing the batteries and pressing on, then
> replacing them yielded nothing.  Nothing was reset.

On the 83, under the 'MEM' function, (2nd and ENTER) there is an option
called RESET.  In that menu, choose Deafaults...
That resets the WINDOW settings which would explain the WINDOW error.
None of your porgrams, lists, matrix, or any stored data is lost.  Just
the default settings after you put in the batteries.
> I did, of course, do a RESET ALL on the calculator and all was back to
> normal.  The only reason I'm blaming this problem on the grayscale pics
> is because, well, everything worked fine before them!  :)
>
> I'm just curious, has this happened to anyone else?
Yeah.  Sometimes when tetris quits, it breaks and leaves the window maxed.

Grant Stockly
gussie@alaska.net