Re: Is the TI-92 worth the cost?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Is the TI-92 worth the cost?

I'm a student, and have had my TI-85 for two years. Currently I'm in an
AP Calculus class at my high school. I really don't understand why you
would need anything above your average scientific calculator for algebra
and trigonometry. Certainly, what you are doing now, could be more
difficult than when I had trigonometry, but, generally, trying to keep
class as minimal as possible would be best, it seems to me. If you are
going to recommend a calculator and teach the students how to use it,
stay with the 85. My teacher has five 92's for class use and, though we
have used them, it seems very imposing and probably not the most
practical way to teach trig. just two of my cents,
michael
http://home.pacbell.net

Follow-Ups: References: