Re: TI-86 Parallel Link Problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

JL279 wrote:

> Please help:
> My link isn't working...
> On the calc. end, I have a 3/8" stereo plug, plugged into a 3/8" to 1/8"
>  reducing plug.  On the computer end I soldered the diodes into the correct
>  pins, then soldered the other end of the diodes to the wires coming from the
>  calc. end.  I then realized that I had to connect pins 12 and 13 to pins 2
and
>  3.  So, I cut a couple of wires and connected the corresponding pins.  My
>  ground is correct...pin 22, or at least I think it's correct.  I have tried
>  switching the two wires on my calc end, with no luck.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Jim
> JL279
You could stretch your ground (pin 24) from pin 18 - 25,
I've heard that it makes it more reliable.
Use a test program (included in CAL)
If the test fail, the error lies (most likeley) in the computer
end, bad diodes, wires touching (use insulation tape) e.t.c
If you pass the test the error is in the calculator end.
I didn't quit get what you made the calc end out of,
but have you tried 2.5mm stereo socket + calc-calc cable?
JTK