*HELP*

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

*HELP*

I have a ti-85 basic programming question.  I was wondering if there was a
way to do this:  after something is output, is there a way to 'peek' to see
what is there, and if a condition is true, to erase it?  Well, I'm trying to
make a game that would look something like this:

     345282837  <-----these are random numbers outputted to the screen

      5  <--- this number changes with getky

The object of the game is to press a button on the number that you can move
around, and all the numbers which are outputted that match it are deleted
and the line closes up.  You have to try to do this before the line of
numbers gets too long.  (It gets faster).  Anyways, I'm not sure how I would
have it detect if numbers have been output or not.  Could someone help me
out?  I am also wondering if there is a command that does the same thing as
'peek' in other languages.

If you can help me please EMAIL me at ckjames@usa.net     (I'm not included
in the mailing list).

Thanks