Re: ROUND function on ti85, and ROBOT question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ROUND function on ti85, and ROBOT question

Tim,

This BASIC program will round numbers.  I wrote it on a TI-83, so some editing may be required for you to use it on your 85.

Prompt N
N->A
If (A-int(A))<.5
Then
Int(A)->C
Else
Int(A)+1->C
End
Disp C

The -> is the arrow character.

The third line checks to see if the decimal portion of the number is less than 0.5
If it is, then the fifth line truncates the decimal and stores the integer.
If it is not less than 0.5, the seventh line truncates the decimal portion, adds one, and stores the number.

Hope this helps.

New Question:
I have built a parallel link cable and have downloaded programs successfully.  I have a TI-83 and need to start assembly programming, because next quarter I am taking a Robotics class.  I have built the robot and am controlling the stepper motors with visual basic software, but I can't lug my computer around with me.  I am building an interface that will connect to my TI, and need an assembler with adequate instructions.  I have written assembly language programs for a Motorola microcontroller, so it should not be that difficult.  I downloaded the two include files from the TI-83 web site, but need the assembler.

Mike