Re: Ti-92 ver 1.11 new at Office Depot, too old ver? Help!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Daniel Reed wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Bryan Rabeler wrote:
> ) 1.11 is really not that old.  Fargo needs a 92 with a ROM version from 1.2
> ) (one point TWO) to 1.12 (one point TWELVE).  1.11 is fairly new.  1.12 is
> ) the latest ROM version in the United States.
> Erm, I believe that the convention is, with version numbers, if only one
> period is given, it is interpreted as a decimal; if two or more are given,
> they're interpreted just as deliminators, so 1.12 would be less new than
> 1.2, which could be expressed as 1.20. However, 1.0.12 would be
> significantly newer than 1.0.2, because the period in that case was simply
> used to separate the parts of the version.
> Of course, I don't know in this case, and so it may in fact be "one point
> twelve" and not "one point one two," but it shouldn't be :)

TI uses a strange version numbering scheme when doing the ROM versions.  The
number after the decimal point is not really supposed to be interpreted as a
decimal, its supposed to be interpreted as an integer.  In my opinion however,
1.0.2 is newer than 1.0.12.

--
Bryan Rabeler
brabeler@ticalc.org