Re: Should I exchange my TI-82 for a TI-85?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Should I exchange my TI-82 for a TI-85?

As several people in my math class have found out...

The 85 has no table editor. You must use a protram. Also, I can't find
out how to use lists very well. On the 82, it will figure out the
formula for several coordinates. Can't seem to do it on the 85. The 86
has these refinements built in. An 85 in some ways is an upgrade, but
if you want no comprimises, get an 86.

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997 04:56:09 -0800, Tavis Segura <tsegura@rice.edu>
wrote:

>Marie-Claude Pitre wrote:
>>
>>  Hi!
>>
>> My teacher proposed me to exchange our calculators.  He has a TI-85 and
>> me a TI-82.  Should I exchange my calculator even if I won't be
>> compatible with other TI-82 of my class.  And Is there more games and
>> prgms for TI-85 that TI-82?
>>
>> Please answer me via this news
>> or E-mail me :   arnold251<at>hotmail.com
>I would like to say "Go for the upgrade," but I suggest you get the
>TI-86 instead of the '85.  For just a little bit more money, you can get
>a lot of features the TI-85 lacks, such as the list editor from the 82
>and 83, the ability to type machine language programs, and more memory.
>Even with all these extras it is similar enough to an 85 that your
>teacher will still be able to help you out with it.  It uses a menu
>system like the 85's, and he can easily transmit programs from his
>calculator to yours (sending your programs to his may not always work,
>though).
>Since so many people are programming for every calculator, it is not a
>good idea to base your decision on what games it plays, but what the
>calculator itself has to offer.
>-Tavis

Follow-Ups: References: