Re: Should I exchange my TI-82 for a TI-85?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Should I exchange my TI-82 for a TI-85?

The TI-86 has plenty more features! More memory is a BIG feature; you get
over 3 times as much. BASIC programs do not run at 25% of TI-85 speed. I
estimate about 66%. Although it is slower, it doesn't really matter; any
games you'll play are in ASM, and math programs usually don't take long
anyway. There are lots of little things in the TI-86 here and there that
make a LOT more than just 4 more features, such as multiple last entries,
DelVar, text on the graph screen, etc. Also, the finance and advanced
statistics ASM programs are integrated write into the TI-OS and seem like
they are built into the calc.

Jeff Tyrrill
http://tyrrill-ticalc.home.ml.org/
http://ti-philes.home.ml.org/