[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-86 Pre-Purchase Questions

The table says that on the 86
1/2A
gives you 0.5*A
where-as on the 85
it would be
0.5*(1/A)

This can easially be fixed in any program that it exists (i highly doubt
it will give anyone trouble in the first place), but if the problem does
come up, all you have to do is use paranthesis and change it to
1/(2*A) then it will be fixed.

Mao Tse-Tung <cdick@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> I am purchasing a graphing calculator sometime this summer, and have
> decided to go with the TI-86. However, I am plagued by a little 'note'
> in the FAQ at Texas Instruments' web page for said calculator, which
> reads,
> "Will the TI-86 be able to run TI-85 programs?
> Yes, the TI-86 will be able to run TI-85 programs.
> Note: The TI-86 has made one change in the order of operations.
> Therefore, minor editing of a program may be needed on TI-85 programs
> transferred to the TI-86."
> And also gives a VERY curious table. If anyone can tell me what that
> table means, or better yet if anyone can tell me if there's going to be
> a major problem for me using the bountiful TI-85 programs and
> information on the internet on my new 86, or would it be enough of a
> problem to force me into buying another model of calculator? (not the
> 92, that's practically the damn computer I'm typing this on, and would
> be overkill)

> Thanks in advance for any correspondence.

|What is the difference between a guitarist and a Savings Bond?|
|    Eventually a Savings Bond will mature and earn money!     |