Re: accelerate/turboing the ti-92?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: accelerate/turboing the ti-92?

>From my understanding the TI-92 is controlled by a crystal.  If that is
> so all you have to do is change the crystal.  That was how 286 and
> earlier computers were overclocked.

   Yes, but where's the crystal?  I've taken a good look at the 92's
board, and I don't see the tell-tale silver box for a crystal.

   Also, the pinout for the chip is different.  The 68k packages I've
found all have up to 56 (or 68??) pins, while the TI-92's has over 80.
If anyone has an ossiliscope handy and wants to help us out, find out
where ground, Vcc, and the clock are..  (the specs I have say the 68k
has several grounds and powers and one clock input).

--Bryan
bcturner@eos.ncsu.edu