Accelerating the 82? etc.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Accelerating the 82? etc.

I just recently signed on to CALC-TI, and I've heard that I can
dramatically accelerate the 82 by replacing the C6 cap with a 1pF cap.  I
had previously found plans to accelerate the 85 and thought I would try
it.  Well, I took my 82 apart and it didn't look all that similar to the
85 plans.  The C6 cap is two tiny metal strips directly attached to the
board with some gunk in between.  I think it is impossible to solder off.
  X:(
My question is:  could someone tell me where to find plans for the 82
(with pictures if possible) and has anyone successfully accelerated their
82 or is this just some strange prank someone invented to get a lot of
people to kill their calcs?

Another thing: I got an 82 because my school required me to a few years
ago.  Most of my friends now have either 85 or 83's and I was royally
p*ssed off when they showed me their ASM games.  Because I don't have the
money right now to buy a fabled TI-92, I figure that if people fool
around enough, we could get Z80 ASM programs working on the 82 also.  I
think that some 83 ASM programs #might# also work on 82's because the two
models seem to be so similar, although they would probably have to be
converted to binary format. (The 83 ASM programs are stored in hex and go
through some kinda interpreter, I think)  Has anyone successfully written
ASM programs for the 82?  If there is I want to hear more. If you know
for sure that this is impossible could you please tell me why.  Also who
knows anything about *.82b files, i.e. where and in what manner are
various system and user variables kept, etc.  Oh, and does anyone know if
you can dump the 82's ROM like I've seen done with the 85?

Any information you can get to me will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!  Danke schön!!!  Muchos gracias!!!  Spaseeba!!!
Erik B.
Staysail@Juno.com

P.S. Please don't try to send me any attachments because my server will
garble them.  UUencode them instead.  Thanks.  ;-)

P.P.S.  I'm new to the net and if I've broken any little rules of
netiquette, I'm sorry.  Just send me a kind little letter so I'll know
better next time.