Re: Links!!! - Oh, GOD!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Links!!! - Oh, GOD!

On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, someone wrote:
>Hey!  I was just told how to get links in my mail!
>Whoohoo!!!
>
> <A HREF="http://www.voicenet.com/~great/ti-82/">Frank's TI-82 Games and Collu
>mns</A>
<snip the 20 others like this>

Hey, look, people! It's another AOL lamer!!!

OK, then.  Some advice for you. Most people can't use these links. Only
a very few (silly) people can click on them, and get them to go
anywhere. This is what is considered spam. it is putting a load of
useless junk into a newsgroup, that most people see as junk. If you have
to put any links in an email, put the normal URL in your signature file,
not as an <A HREF=... OK?

For example, don't put '<A HREF="http://www.yahoo.com">Go to Yahoo, an
Internet search engine!</A>', but put 'to search for stuff, go to
www.yahoo.com'. It will make everyone happier.

Phil. Yes, this is a flame (albeit a very mild one)
--
  * De Ascender * (Phil Stoneman)| Damn Geocities ate
ascender@tjsathome.demon.co.uk   | my web page!